Your web accessibility partner for a more inclusive website
"Jackie's service far outmatched her fee."
Jackie Latham at Jackdaw Web Design produced a great new website for Norton Hive Library & Community Hub. Jackie's advice and guidance has proved invaluable. The clever little tutorial videos were an excellent touch.
The whole process was stress free and jargon free which is so important for the non-technical.
As a web designer, I want my clients' websites to be functional, beautiful, and accessible to all users, regardless of their abilities, and that's why I specialise in building accessible websites that not only meet the needs of all users, but also exceed their expectations.
- Expertise in accessibility: I have completed the Web Accessibility Specialist course from Deque University, one of the global leaders in online accessibility training. And I've been building accessible websites since 2019.
- Personalized service: I understand that every client is unique, and I will work closely with you to create a website that meets your specific needs and requirements.
- Affordable pricing: accessibility can be very expensive, especially if you treat it as an add-on to website that's already been designed or built. By incorporating accessibility into every step of the build process I can make sure that your new website won't break the bank.
- I have been working with clients in the not for profit sector since 2014 so I understand the challenges this sector faces, both with running the organisation and in making sure that their specific beneficiaries can use their website.
Other services we offer
I offer a range of web design and development services to help you create an accessible website that meets your specific needs and requirements.
- Accessibility Audits: I can perform an accessibility audit of your website to identify any accessibility barriers and provide recommendations for improvement. And if it's a WordPress website, I can even do those improvements for you.
- Web Design and Development: I work with associates in graphic design, copywriting and photography so that, together, we create visually stunning and websites that meet the latest accessibility standards.
- Maintenance and Support: once your website is live, I can provide ongoing maintenance and support to ensure that it remains accessible and up-to-date.
A great design
I will deliver a website that is unique to you - no templates, no off-the-shelf themes. Every website is completely bespoke to help you to stand out from your competitors.
And all of our websites are built with search engines in mind, so every page will
- work on devices of all sizes
- load quickly
- be built in line with Google's best practice guidelines.
Safety and security
When you buy a Jackdaw website you're also buying peace of mind. All of my sites come with
- anti virus and firewall installed and configured
- a backup facility so that, if the worst should ever happen, you know you can always get your website back.
And if you decide to use my hosting too, you also get
- daily backups
- an SSL certificate to reassure your visitors that your site is safe
- 60 days' maintenance to keep your site secure and up to date
- the option to take out one of our annual support contracts, leaving you free to grow your business while we look after your website.
They’re built to work on mobiles and tablets
More than 60% of internet searches are now made on mobile devices, so all of my websites are built to look good and, more importantly, to work correctly on mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads and Android phones and tablets.
And if that's not enough...
Every Jackdaw website is built using WordPress, the world’s most popular content management system.
And every Jackdaw website comes with training videos to teach you and your team to manage your own content so that you don’t have to keep paying me to make content changes to your site.
If you still have questions, keep reading - you might find the answer below.
Or if you'd like a chat to see how we can help you, simply fill in the contact form, or give me (Jackie) a call on 07762 140 433 and I'll get back to you as soon as I can to arrange a time for us to have an in-depth chat about what you need.
I'm really looking forward to meeting you.
"No hesitation in recommending"
Jackie designed our website (for Heads Up Ltd CIC). She was very patient with us, given our level of IT skills and the finished website is perfect for our needs. I would definitely recommend Jackie without hesitation.