Keeping your website secure should be at the top of any website owner's list, but it's one of those things that often only becomes a priority AFTER the website has been compromised - at which point it can sometimes be too late to do anything other than rebuild it from scratch.
Don't be one of those people trying to close the stable door after your horse has bolted - get it right before you start and you'll sleep much easier at night.
But security isn't just about not getting hacked. It's also about
- giving your customers confidence that their data will be secure with you
- earning extra Google points for having a safe site
- making sure you can get your site back if anything ever happens to your web host.
The types of things we could discuss in a session on security include:
- finding a good web host
- setting up a firewall and antivirus
- making sure that the devices you use to access your website are also secure
- what is an SSL certificate, why do you need one and how do you install it?
- how and when to take backups
- managing your users, secure passwords, two-factor authentication and stopping spam registrations to your site
- or anything else that's worrying you!
Like most things with WordPress, security isn't hard once you know what you're doing and what all the buzzwords mean, and I can explain all of that for you.
Why not give me a call on 07762 140 433, or drop me an email to email@example.com to book a session to talk about keeping your website safe and secure.
"Jackie is genuinely passionate about what she does, which is clear with her helpful presence, she ... saved me so much time and stress, will be using her services very soon again."
Danielle Durkan, Macanta Interiors