Have you ever seen this message when you’ve been updating your plugins or themes? Did you panic? I certainly did!
Don’t worry about it. It’s a default message that WP puts out while it’s doing your updates, but occasionally the message can get stuck even though your updates have completed.
How to fix it? Easy-peasy:
- Log into your web server via FTP or your web host’s control panel.
- Locate the root of your WordPress install (this is where you’ll find folders for wp-content, wp-admin, and wp-includes)
- Look for a file called .maintenance.
- Delete it
And that’s it.
But if you can’t do this you have two alternatives:
- Patience – it usually clears in its own time after a few minutes, or if it doesn’t
- just ask your host to fix it – they’ll sort it in a trice.