Jackie is so amazingly helpful and patient! She is more than happy to help a novice with my endless questions! You're a star, thank you!!
Have you delved into the WordPress world and don't know where to go next?
Are you overwhelmed by the amount of information out there?
Have you taken over a site from someone else and you can't find your way around?
Or maybe you've already been on a WordPress training course but you can't apply it to your own site?
WordPress is a great tool, honestly!, but, like everything new, there is a learning curve to it, and sometimes it's easier to climb up that curve if you have a little bit of a helping hand on the way up.
And that's exactly how I can help you. I've been teaching people how to use WordPress since 2015, taught languages to adults before then, and hold a Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector, and I just love WordPress!
My training is aimed at both brand new beginners, and at people who've been playing around with WordPress for a while but don't quite know how to get their site to do what they want it to do. And, most importantly, it's aimed at non-techies, so I won't bamboozle you with jargon.
The kinds of subjects I cover include:
- WP basics – what’s in the dashboard, basic set up, choosing and installing a theme and plugins, and what exactly is a 'widget'?
- Working with images
- The basics of getting found by the search engines
- Principles of good web design, and how to apply it to your own site
- Security for your website
- Managing your content - adding posts, pages, menus and sidebars
- Setting up your first online shop
- Making sure your site loads fast enough for your mobile users
- Getting started with html and css
If you live within 30 miles of Newcastle upon Tyne I'll happily come to you to deliver a training session, or if you're further afield there are fantastic video conferencing facilities available.